How do you loosen a stiff bike tire?
Starting at one point, pinch and stretch the tyre down to the opposite end. Use the height of the tyre as leverage to help pop it on or off. For taller tyres, you can use your palms for more grip. A tyre lever can help with a tight fit.
How do you break a stubborn tire bead?
Basically what you do is just leave a a couple psi of air in the tires, and lay the wheel on its side, and step on the tire with your foot. It is a tight fit, but use your body weight to break the bead. This works, done it several times. The key is to leave some air in the tire.
Do bike tires stretch over time?
tires definitely stretch a bit over time. especially noticeable when they are much easier to put on and take off when they are older and have been ridden awhile. But what is probably happening is this some tires, when I put them on some rims it takes either 1.
What tools do you need to change a bike tire?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi-tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.