What pressure should my bike tires be at?
Pump it up. Proper tire pressure lets your bike roll quickly, ride smoothly, and avoid flats. Narrow tires need more air pressure than wide ones: Road tires typically require 80 to 130 psi (pounds per square inch); mountain tires, 25 to 35 psi; and hybrid tires, 40 to 70 psi.
What tools do you need to change a bike tire?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi-tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.