Is it OK to clamp my dropper post in a repair stand?
Yes. Make sure you fully extend your dropper post. Clean the dropper post where you will be clamping it. Also, make sure the jaws of your clamps are clean. Put a clean rag or rubber gloves on the jaws (optional)
How do you stand up a bike without a kickstand?
How to Park Your Bike Without a Kickstand
- By leaning the handlebar against the wall or tree.
- By turning the bike upside down on the floor.
- By hooking the bike’s bar over a fence or railing.
- By leaning the back wheel against the wall or tree.
- By leaning the bike’s front and rear part against the wall.
Should you clamp a dropper post?
It is also vital that you only clamp an extended seat post. If not, the weight of the bike in the stand will extend the post and pull air past the internal seals inside the post.
How do you fix a slipping dropper post?
If the dropper post moves slowly, then you can add a little more cable tension by turning the barrel adjuster a couple more turns counterclockwise. If your dropper post is moving without pressing the lever (it won’t stay up as you are riding), then you have too much tension on the cable. You’ll want to REMOVE tension.