How do you change a rear bike tire without a quick release?
For non-quick release wheels, loosen the axle nuts and center the wheel, then tighten the nuts fully. 8. Inspect the brake alignment to make sure it’s not rubbing. If the brake is rubbing or not centered, it’s usually because the wheel isn’t centered so loosen it and try again.
How do you remove the rear sprocket on a bicycle?
Cassette Lockring Removal
- Mount bike in repair stand and remove rear wheel from bike.
- Remove quick-release skewer.
- Inspect cassette and select correct type of remover.
- Engage remover into splines/notches.
- Install quick-release skewer and install skewer nut on outside of remover.
- Snug skewer nut against remover.