What size wrench do you need to take off a bike tire?
To remove the front bike wheel: Take a 15mm wrench to the axle nuts and turn it counterclockwise to loosen them.
How much does it cost to replace a bike cassette?
The cost to replace a cassette or freewheel can range anywhere from $25 to upwards of $300 on high end bikes and chainrings can run anywhere from around $40 to $250 on high end bikes.
What tools do I need to remove a cassette?
The lockring is designed to hold the cogs of the cassette in place on the hub. In order to remove and replace your cassette, you need to unscrew this lockring. You’ll need three tools to do this: a chain whip, a cassette lockring remover and a large adjustable crescent wrench.
What causes a bulge in a bike tire?
In the case of the tire, it may not have been properly seated on the rim prior to inflation. Once under pressure the tube will push through this section of the tire and form a bulge. Once you hit the trail this problem can deteriorate causing the tube to rupture and possibly shred the tire in the process.
What tools do I need to take a bike tire off?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi- tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.