- 1 Do Trek bikes have tubes?
- 2 Can you change a bike wheel to quick release?
- 3 When should I replace my Bontrager tires?
- 4 Can I use wd40 on bike chain?
- 5 What household items can I use to clean my bike chain?
- 6 Can you wash your bike with water?
- 7 How much does a bike inner tube cost?
- 8 What size tube does my bike need?
- 9 What’s the difference between Presta and Schrader valves?
Do Trek bikes have tubes?
Bike tubes and accessories We offer multiple sizes and valve types for road, mountain, and hybrid bikes, plus thorn-resistant and self-sealing options for a litte extra assurance. And don’t forget to grab a spare, just in case!
Can you change a bike wheel to quick release?
What you want to do is turn your wheel into a quick-release wheel. In order to do this, you need to remove that solid, bolt-on axle and the parts on it, and replace them with a quick-release compatible axle and parts (called a quick-release axle set).
When should I replace my Bontrager tires?
When the grooves begin to disappear, it’s time to replace the tires. For most road models, this occurs in the range of 1,500 to 3,000 miles for rear tires, which wear much more quickly than fronts because 60% or more of your weight is on that tire (the lighter you are, the longer your tires will wear).
Can I use wd40 on bike chain?
All you need to do is rinse the bike chain to remove any mud and thick dirt. Spray the WD-40 Bike Degreaser onto the surface of your bike chain and give it adequate time to work. On top of that, the WD-40 Bike Degreaser can be used for the cleaning and degreasing of other moving parts as well.
What household items can I use to clean my bike chain?
2. How to Clean a Bike Chain with Household Products
- Remove the chain from the bike.
- Put bike degreaser into a clean plastic container.
- Leave the chain soaking for at least 20 minutes.
- If your degreaser comes in a spray bottle you can spray it directly onto the chain and leave it to settle for some time.
Can you wash your bike with water?
Most dirty bike components can be cleaned by wiping them carefully with a damp or dry rag. Washing your bike with a high-pressure hose can cause damage to sensitive bearing systems throughout your bike. So, when washing with water, do so carefully.
How much does a bike inner tube cost?
Common Bike Repair labor rates Inner tubes typically cost $8. Specialty tubes (extra long valves, odd sizes, thorn proof, etc.) may cost more. Bikes with internally geared hubs or full chain cases cost more due to extra time, complexity, or component rarity.
What size tube does my bike need?
When you buy an inner tube, the packaging will usually list which diameter and width it fits, according to the purchase manual. For example, if an inner tube says it’s best for 26 x 1.95-2.125″, that means the tube should be used for a 26-inch tire with a width between 1.95 and 2.125 inches.
What’s the difference between Presta and Schrader valves?
Presta valves are more commonly used on skinny road bike tires because they are narrower and require a narrower hole in the rim. Presta valves adapt to higher pressure than Schrader. Road bike tires often exceed 125 pounds, while Schrader tubes top out at about half that.