What tools do you need to change a bike tire?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi-tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.
What is the difference between quick release and thru axle?
Thru axles attach the wheels more securely and reduce the likelihood of wheel attachment caused by human error. Quick release axles allow for more flex in the front end of the bike, which hurts handling- Disc brakes can cause the fork arms to flex.