- 1 How do you remove a Thule bike rack from a hitch?
- 2 Where do I find the model number on my Thule bike rack?
- 3 How much weight can a Thule bike rack hold?
- 4 Which hitch bike rack is best?
- 5 How do I attach my bike to Thule?
- 6 Will Thule bike rack fit my car?
- 7 Where is the serial number on a Thule product?
- 8 Why is Thule so expensive?
- 9 Should my bike rack wobble?
How do you remove a Thule bike rack from a hitch?
First make sure the integrated anti-rattle device is completely loosened by using your key to unlock the hand knob and turning it until you’re able to wiggle the carrier around within the hitch receiver. Then you will also need to pull the safety pin out of the hitch pin hole.
Where do I find the model number on my Thule bike rack?
Helpful Expert Reply: I spoke with my contact at Thule regarding your Thule Doubletrack Platform-Style 2 Bike Rack # TH990XT. He stated that the serial number should be located on the underside of the rack, on one of the platform bars. It is also listed on the box if you still happen to have it.
How much weight can a Thule bike rack hold?
Expert Reply: The Thule T2 Classic Bike Rack, part # TH9044 weighs 50 pounds, and can carry up to 2 bikes of up to 60 pounds each.
Which hitch bike rack is best?
The 10 Best Hitch Bike Racks of 2021
- Best Overall: Kuat Sherpa 2.0 at Amazon.
- Best Budget: Thule Camber 2-Bike Hitch Rack at REI.
- Best for Serious Riders: Thule T2 Pro XT 2 at REI.
- Best for Two Bikes: Swagman XC2 Hitch Mount Bike Rack at Amazon.
- Best for Three Bikes: Allen Sports 3-Bike Hitch Racks at Walmart.
How do I attach my bike to Thule?
How to Use a Thule Bike Rack
- Place a palm on the lever and pull the rack out.
- Lower the rack until it clicks into the bike install position.
- Open the wheel hook and extend it to its furthest position.
- Open the wheel ratchet strap.
- Lift the bike and place a front wheel into the cradle and back wheel into the rear cradle.
Will Thule bike rack fit my car?
A Thule boot bike rack can be perfect for mounting one or more bikes on the rear of your car – especially if your car doesn’t have a towbar.
Where is the serial number on a Thule product?
The serial number and model are printed on a label which can be found inside the refrigerator at the top on the left hand side. Helpful Expert Reply: I spoke with my contact at Thule regarding your Thule Doubletrack Platform-Style 2 Bike Rack # TH990XT.
Why is Thule so expensive?
They are more than metal bars that sit on the roof of your car. Roof racks are engineered using high-quality materials and special design to support a large amount of weight on top of a car using minimal contact points. The biggest reason why roof racks are expensive are because of the high-quality designs.
Should my bike rack wobble?
Any rack with a regular slide-through pin will wobble. If you want one that doesn’t wobble as much, get one that has a threaded pin that you have to use a wrench or ratchet on. Even with all of this, every rack will have play in the design.