Do I just need a wrench to remove bike tire?
If the tire contacts the brake pads, move the lever on the brake caliper to the open position. Low end bikes require a wrench to loosen the nuts on the axle. A closed end wrench, open end wrench of the proper size will work, or use an adjustable wrench.. If it’s a quick-release hub, none.
What tools do you need to change a bike tire?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi-tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.
Should you grease thru axle?
Although it is not required, it is recommended that you apply a light amount of grease to your Mountain Bike axles. You can apply it to the threads, and also on the base of the axles themselves. This not only makes them easier to install and remove, it also helps prevent rust and corrosion.