How do you change a Trek bike tire?
How To Fix A Flat Tire
- Open the brake (you skip this step if your bike has disc brakes because it’s unnecessary).
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the tire and tube.
- Inspect the tire and remove whatever caused the flat (if it’s still there).
- Install the tube (spare) and tire.
- Inflate and seat the tire and reinstall the wheel.
When should I replace my Bontrager tires?
When the grooves begin to disappear, it’s time to replace the tires. For most road models, this occurs in the range of 1,500 to 3,000 miles for rear tires, which wear much more quickly than fronts because 60% or more of your weight is on that tire (the lighter you are, the longer your tires will wear).
Do Trek bikes have tubes?
Bike tubes and accessories We offer multiple sizes and valve types for road, mountain, and hybrid bikes, plus thorn-resistant and self-sealing options for a litte extra assurance. And don’t forget to grab a spare, just in case!
What tools do you need to change a bike tire?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi-tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.
What causes a bulge in a bike tire?
In the case of the tire, it may not have been properly seated on the rim prior to inflation. Once under pressure the tube will push through this section of the tire and form a bulge. Once you hit the trail this problem can deteriorate causing the tube to rupture and possibly shred the tire in the process.