Can you change bike tires yourself?
Having a flat bicycle tire can leave you stranded, but it’s simple to replace the tire yourself. Usually, this just means replacing the tube inside the tire. However, you may need a new tire if it’s very damaged or worn. Before you replace the tire, you’ll need to take it off.
Is changing a bike tire easy?
Changing a bicycle tire is simple to master and to teach your kids! Follow these simple steps for replacing a punctured bicycle tube. You can even fix the flat on the go if you have a spare tube, tire levers and a pump.
What tools do you need to change a bike tire?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi-tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.